Welcome to ICAR – Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Karur
ICAR – Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) has been sanctioned for Karur district with the financial support and guidance of the ICAR to the Saraswathi foundation for rural development and training. The Saraswathi foundation for rural development and training has a vast experience on agricultural and rural developmental activities, since 1995. read more
- On-farm testing to identify the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
- Front line demonstrations to establish its production potentials on the farmers’ fields.
- Training of farmers to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies, and training of extension personnel to orient them in the frontier areas of technology development.
- To work as resource and knowledge centre of agricultural technology for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- In order to create awareness about improved technology, a large number of extension activities will be taken up.
- The seeds and planting materials produced by the KVKs will also be made available to the farmers.